Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Black Bear Follow-up...

I forgot to mention... catching these bears was really important to me because this was the first time that it was completely up to me to make the decisions on bait and where to place the traps in order to capture them.  Also, since neither Ron nor the Harvesons were there when we were working up Slick (the second bear we caught) that was the first bear that I ever worked up where I was the most experienced person.  The other guys that were helping me were great, but since they had never worked up a bear before I was the one in charge.  It was a HUGE confidence boost and I was able to show myself that I am capable of making the important decisions and successfully working up a bear.  Although like I mentioned before, once the Harvesons finally did get there when we caught Slick, they still helped me with the collar... Still, I was proud of myself!

Hopefully I'll have many more bear success stories in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment